Home > Help Center > How to Get a Proper Visa to Study in China

How to Get a Proper Visa to Study in China


The very first thing you need to do before leaving for studying in China is to get an X Visa (Student Visa). How?

Step 1: Receive original Admission Letter and JW202 form from your Chinese university
Once you are admitted by the university, your school will send you the above two documents. You will need to submit the originals of these two documents along with other required documents to the nearest Chinese consulate or embassy to apply for your X visa.

Step 2: Do physical examination and get your Physical Examination Record
All students who will apply for an X Visa need to do a physical examination before applying for visa. In most cases, you must submit the completed original physical examination record when you start to apply your X visa. More…

Step 3: Go to the nearest Chinese embassy or consulate to apply for an X/F/L Visa
Chinese visas are classified based on your purpose for being in China, such as tourism, education, or employment. For international students who intend to study in China for longer than 6 months, an X visa is the most secured choice.

Documents needed for visa application:

A valid passport with at least six months remaining validity and at least one blank visa page in it;
Chinese visa application form: accurately, completely, and clearly filled out and signed.

View on mobile